San Diego Termite Inspection Control Companies – Who To Hire?
If termite activity is found in your San Diego property – stay calm. It will take some time before termites may cause severe damage. Although you should act as soon as possible to avoid any further damage, your building will not collapse overnight. You do have enough time for an informed decision on which termite inspection company is the best and most cost-effective to hire.
Two different type of termites (drywood and subterranean) are found in Southern California, which both need their specific treatment – so getting rid of them can be a pretty complex issue. Do not attempt to control an infestation on your own, but use the services of a licensed termite inspector or termite control company. These professional exterminators have access to special tools and specialty products, and are trained in termite treatment procedures to ensure the best protection for your home or commercial building.
You can find reliable exterminators and pest control companies in Chula Vista, Escondido, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Temecula, Ramona and other areas in San Diego county. Numerous companies even offer a free termite inspection. While most work hard to earn your business and will do an excellent job, it is important to do a little bit of homework before you sign a contract. Consider the following guidelines before you hire somebody:
10 Tips To Hire The Right San Diego Termite Inspection Company
- Get at least two to three quotes. It’s best if you can get a representative of the termite companies to look at your home in order to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding about the services and costs.
- Make sure that the exterminator has experience in dealing with termites. Do not hesitate to ask for references. If necessary, check with the Better Business Bureau for their past records.
- Compare service, warranty and costs. Do not be pressured by a pushy sales person to sign a contract immediately and don’t pay in advance. Take your time to make a sound decision. Understand that the lowest price does not always mean the best deal! If there are large differences between bids from different companies, investigate.
- Have the termite inspector inspect the entire building in- and outside as well as any nearby premises and fences, because subterranean termite colonies can be wide-spread.
- Ask about application techniques and the treatment method that will be used. Eco-friendly treatment with natural orange oil might be a good alternative, especially if someone in your family has allergies.
- Ask for a written inspection report with a diagram depicting the current activities and any damage. Be aware that old wood damage does not mean that the termite colonies are still present.
- Get a contract in writing. Ask for a written plan for treatment, including the chemical (termiticide) label, costs and warranty.
- A reliable pest control company will provide you with a warranty and will re-tread your home for any further infestations that may occur within a year without additional fee.
- Make sure that the termite control company you select carries liability insurance.
- Ask if they have a license and are registered to conduct business in California.
Many companies in San Diego and North County, including the following areas, provide free termite inspection:
To find the most effective treatment method at the most cost-effective cost, it may be a good idea to interview 2 or 3 different companies. Keep the 10 tips above in mind so you can make an informed decision!